Saturday 8 May 2010

The venue for the cocktail reception


Here comes the most exciting part:) Bar selection! Well, I must admit I had considered quite a few places nearby . My key requirement was proximity to the Moorgate campus where the contest was going to take place. British pub "The Globe", Indian restaurant "Mehek", popular chain "Pizza Express", another traditional pub "O'Neills" and  The Wall bar which was about 6-7 minutes walk from the campus.

Most of the venues I had approached seemed willing to accept my limited budget terms but only waiter Pavel from The Wall Bar seemed to be taking me seriously as he kindly agreed to find a quiet function room at 7PM on a Thursday night to sit down and go through my event budget requirements and terms. Restaurant manager Katherine Atkins contacted me next morning to finalise the details. More over, she generously accepted my limited budget of £140 and gave me a 25% discount on my order which included 6 platters of nibbles (Mediterranean and veggie options), 4 bottles of white wine, 2 bottles of red wine, a bucket of beer and they also allowed me to bring in 5 of my own bottles of champagne. The hired area itself was much more than I expected - it was a lovely airy function room for at least 40 people with a private bar, bathrooms, terrace and projector facilities.

Liaising with Katherine and her team has been a pleasure from start to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment