Saturday 8 May 2010

Contest venue


I always knew I'd have my university to back me up so did not quite expect any problems with booking a meeting room for the competition, but you never know what you can face in the event management... So it happened to me. Although I had approached the university at least 2 months before the event it took me ages to connect with the right person. My point of contact was Ann Willis, Corporate Events Officer. Just at the time I expected to discuss final arrangements she was called for two weeks of jury service so facing a competition with no venue I really thought my PR career was over. Ann Willis did prove me wrong. She was in touch with me after her jury service hours and assured me that the room would be booked and my event terms would be met. Finally I met her on Thursday 6 May when she showed me the auditorium and we finalised the logistics.

Ann accepted my invitation to the event and I was looking forward to welcoming her on the day!



No comments:

Post a Comment